Click on the banner to return to the user guide home page.
1.1 What is the Standard C++ Library?
The International Standards Organization (ISO) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) are completing the process of standardizing the C++ programming language. A major result of this standardization process is the "Standard C++ Library," a large and comprehensive collection of classes and functions. This product is Rogue Wave's implementation of the ANSI/ISO Standard Library.
The ANSI/ISO Standard C++ Library includes the following parts:
- A large set of data structures and algorithms formerly known as the Standard Template Library (STL).
- An IOStream facility.
- A locale facility.
- A templatized string class.
- A templatized class for representing complex numbers.
- A uniform framework for describing the execution environment, through the use of a template class named numeric_limits and specializations for each fundamental data type.
- Memory management features.
- Language support features.
- Exception handling features.
- A valarray class optimized for handling numeric arrays
©Copyright 1996, Rogue Wave Software, Inc.