1. Ling, L. and Chiu, S. N. (2017+) Fully-adaptive kernel-based methods. International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, to appear.
2. Wong K. Y. and Chiu, S. N. (2016) Isotropy test for spatial point processes using stochastic reconstruction. Spatial Statistics 15, 56-69.
3. Wong, K. Y. and Chiu, S. N. (2015) An iterative approach to minimize the mean squared error in ridge regression. Computational Statistics, 30(2), 625-639.
4. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2014) On the complete monotonicity of the compound geometric convolution with applications in risk theory. Scandinavian Actuarial Journal 2014(2), 116-124.
5. Chiu, S. N. and Liu, K. I. (2013) Stationarity tests for spatial point processes using discrepancies. Biometrics 69(2), 497-507.
6. Zhang, S. P., Chiu, T. T. W. and Chiu, S. N. (2013) Long-term efficacy of electroacupuncture for chronic neck pain: a randomised controlled trial. Hong Kong Medical Journal 19(6) Supplement 9, 36-39.
7. Ng, L. K. Y., Lee, K. Y. S., Chiu, S. N., Ku, P. K. M., van Hasselt, C. A. and Tong, M. C. F. (2011) Silent aspiration and swallowing physiology after radiotherapy in patients with nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Head and Neck 33(9), 1335-1339.
8. Rau, C. and Chiu, S. N. (2011) Grain rotations and distortions in the asymptotic variance of vacancy of the Boolean model. Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications 384(2), 647-657.
9. Chiu, S. N. (2010) Approximate and parametric bootstrap tests for two Poisson variates. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation 80(3), 263-271.
10. Chiu, S. N. and Liu, K. I. (2009) Generalized Cramer-von Mises goodness-of-fit tests for multivariate distributions. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 53(11), 3817-3834 [Corrigendum. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 54(2), 607].
11. Chiu, S. N. and Wang, L. (2009) Homogeneity tests for several Poisson populations. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 53(12), 4266-4278.
12. Ho, L. P. and Chiu, S. N. (2009) Using weight functions in spatial point pattern analysis with application to plant ecology data. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation 38(2), 269-287.
13. Lee, K. Y. S., Chiu, S. N., van Hasselt, C. A. and Tong, M. C.F. (2009) The accuracy of parent and teacher reports in assessing the vocabulary knowledge of Chinese children with hearing impairment. Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools 40(1), 31-45.
14. Chiu, S. N. (2008) Reduced Palm distribution generating function for a spatial point process. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation 78(12), 1241-1250.
15. Tong, C. S., Choy, S. K., Chiu, S. N., Zhao, Z. Z. and Liang, Z. T. (2008) Characterization of shapes for use in classification of starch grains images. Microscopy Research and Technique 71(9), 651-658.
16. Tscheschel, A. and Chiu, S. N. (2008) Quasi-plus sampling edge correction for spatial point patterns. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 52(12), 5287-5295.
17. Chiu, S. N. (2007) Correction to Koen's critical values in testing spatial randomness. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation 77(11), 1001-1004.
18. Ho, L. P. and Chiu, S. N. (2007) Testing uniformity of a spatial point pattern. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics 16(2), 378-398.
19. Ho, L. P. and Chiu, S. N. (2006) Testing the complete spatial randomness by Diggle's test without an arbitrary upper limit. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation 76(7), 585-591.
20. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2005) Passage times for a spectrally negative Levy process with applications to risk theory. Bernoulli 11(3), 511-522.
21. Cowan, R. and Chiu, S. N. (2005) Extension of Deltheil's study on random points in a convex quadrilateral. Advances in Applied Probability 37(3), 857-858.
C. C. and Chiu, S. N. (2005) Asymptotic behavior of the surplus prior to and at
ruin in the classical risk model perturbed by diffusion.
23. Yin, C. C. and Chiu, S. N. (2005) Discussion of <The time value of ruin in a Sparre Andersen Model, by Hans U Gerber and Elias S W Shiu>. North American Actuarial Journal 9(4), 134-136.
24. Yin, C. C. and Chiu, S. N. (2004) A diffusion perturbed risk process with stochastic return on investments. Stochastic Analysis and Applications 22(2), 341-353.
25. Chiu, S. N. (2003) Spatial point pattern analysis by using Voronoi diagrams and Delaunay tessellations - - - a comparative study. Biometrical Journal 45(3), 367-376.
S. N. and Molchanov,
S. N., Molchanov,
28. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2003) The time of ruin, the surplus prior to ruin and the deficit at ruin for the classical risk process perturbed by diffusion. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 33(1), 59-66.
29. Chiu, S. N. and Lee, H. Y. (2002) A regularity condition and strong limit theorems for linear birth-growth processes. Mathematische Nachrichten 241, 21-27.
30. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2002) On occupation times for a risk process with reserve-dependent premium. Stochastic Models 18(2), 245-255.
31. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2002) The first exit time and ruin time for a risk process with reserve-dependent income. Statistics and Probability Letters 60(4), 417-424.
32. Garbarnik, P and Chiu, S. N. (2002) Goodness-of-fit test for complete spatial randomness against mixtures of regular and clustered spatial point processes. Biometrika 89(2), 411-421.
33. Lee, K. Y. S., Chiu, S. N. and van Hasselt, C. A. (2002) Tone perception ability of Cantonese-speaking children. Language and Speech 45(4), 387-406.
34. Lee, K. Y. S., van Hasselt, C. A., Chiu, S. N. and Cheung, D. M. C. (2002) Cantonese tone perception ability of cochlear implant children in comparison with normal-hearing children. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 63(2), 137-147.
35. Chiu, S. N. and Quine, M. P. (2001) Central limit theorem for germination-growth models in Rd with non-Poisson locations. Advances in Applied Probability 33(4), 751-755.
36. Yin, C. C. and Chiu, S. N. (2001) Occupation times of balls by Brownian motion with drift. Chinese Annals of Mathematics series B 22(1), 47-56.
37. Chiu, S. N., Quine, M. P. and Stewart, M. (2000) Nonparametric and parametric estimation for a linear germination-growth model. Biometrics 56(3), 755-760.
38. Chiu, S. N. and Yin, C. C. (2000) The time of completion of a linear birth-growth model. Advances in Applied Probability 32(3), 620-627.
41. Chiu, S. N. (1999) An unbiased estimator for the survival function of censored data. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods 28(9), 2249-2260.
42. Chiu, S. N. and Stoyan, D. (1998) Estimators of distance distributions for spatial patterns. Statistica Neerlandica 52, 239-246.
43. Chiu, S. N. (1997) A central limit theorem for linear Kolmogorov's birth-growth models. Stochastic Processes and their Applications 66, 97-106.
44. Chiu, S. N. and Quine, M. P. (1997) Central limit theory for the number of seed in a growth model in Rd with inhomogeneous Poisson arrival. Annals of Applied Probability 7, 802-814.
45. Chiu, S. N., van de Weygaert, R. and Stoyan, D. (1996) The sectional Poisson-Voronoi tessellation is not a Voronoi tessellation. Advances in Applied Probability 28, 356-376.
46. Chiu, S. N. (1995) Aboav-Weaire's and Lewis' laws - - - a review. Materials Characterization 34, 149-165.
47. Chiu, S. N. (1995) A comment on Rivier's maximum entropy method of statistical crystallography. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General 28, 607-615.
48. Chiu, S. N. (1995) Limit theorems for the time of completion of Johnson-Mehl tessellations. Advances in Applied Probability 27, 889-910.
49. Cowan, R., Chiu, S. N. and Holst, L. (1995) A Limit theorem for the replication time of a DNA molecule. Journal of Applied Probability 32, 296-303.
50. Chiu, S. N. (1994) Mean-value formulae for the neighbourhood of the typical cell of a random tessellation. Advances in Applied Probability 26, 565-576.
51. Cowan, R. and Chiu, S. N. (1994) A stochastic model of fragment formation when DNA replicates. Journal of Applied Probability 31, 301-308.