- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: PhD in Applied Mathematics, PhD in Statistics.
New Programme Announcement: Double Master Degrees in Mathematical Finance and Financial Markets, by Hong Kong Baptist University and University of Kent.
- SIAM Conference on Imaging Science (SIAM-IS14) will be held at our University from 12-14 May, 2014.
- The Ninth ICSA International Conference:
Challenges of Statistical Methods for Interdisciplinary Research and Big Data will be held at our University from 20-23 December, 2013.
- Workshop on Phase Field Models and Computation
will be held at our University on 19 December 2013.
- Prof. Anmin Li, Sichuan University, will deliver a
Distinguish Lecture on 24 January 2014.
- Prof. Xuding Zhu, Zhejiang Normal University, will deliver a
Lecture on Mathematics on 22 January 2014.
- Prof. Shige Peng, Shandong University, will deliver a
Distinguish Lecture on 18 December 2013 .
Prof. H. Brunner,
Dr. Y. Li,
Dr. L. Ling,
Prof. M. Ng,
Dr. W. C. Shiu,
Prof. T. Tang,
Dr. X. Yuan and
Prof. L. Zhu
have been awarded research grants by Hong Kong Research Grant Council (RGC) — congratulations!
- Prof. L. Zhu has won the Second Class Award of the State Natural Science Award (2013) in the recent exercise for his outstanding research achievements.
- Our undergraduate student, Ma Tao received HKSAR Government Scholarship for 2013/14.
- Dr. X. M. Yuan, awarded the President's Award for Outstanding Young Researcher, 2013.