- Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme: PhD in Applied Mathematics, PhD in Statistics.
New Programme Announcement: Double Master Degrees in Mathematical Finance and Financial Markets, by Hong Kong Baptist University and University of Kent.
- SIAM Conference on Imaging Science (SIAM-IS14) will be held at our University from 12-14 May, 2014.
- The Ninth ICSA International Conference:
Challenges of Statistical Methods for Interdisciplinary Research and Big Data will be held at our University from 20-23 December, 2013.
- Prof. Stephen Wright, University of Wisconsin-Madison, will deliver a
CMIV Joint Distinguished Lecture on 7 June 2013.
- Dr. X. M. Yuan, awarded the President's Award for Outstanding Young Researcher, 2013.
Dr. M. L. Tang has been awarded the University of Hong Kong Research Output Prize (2011 - 12) - based on the book "Dirichlet and Related Distributions: Theory, Methods
and Applications, Chichester, West Sussex: Wiley, 2011, 310pp" (by Kai Wang Ng, Guo-Liang Tian, Man-Lai Tang) — congratulations!
Dr. Zhang Leihong (Mathematics PhD, 2008 graduate) was awarded the Applied Numerical Algebra Prize for his outstanding academic paper at the Fourth International Conference on Numerical Algebra and Scientific Computing (NASC 2012) held in October 2012. [pdf]
Dr. T. Zeng has been awarded NSFC grant — congratulations!